Monday, August 30, 2010

Fourth day of school

Everybody can just shut up.  Stop asking me, "what are you going to do with all of your time?"  I'm tired of it.  Already.  And it is only the 4th day of school.  Yes, my 2 children, with whom I've stayed home for the past 6 years have just gone off to school.  Yes, they were the primary focus of everything every day of their lives.  Guess what?  They still are.  AND I'm trying to find time for ME, too.  Figure out where my interests have staggered off to after 6 years of disregard.  Figure out what I am capable of besides tending to every need of two little boys.  I'm sad.  An entire part of their lives is over and all anyone can do is focus on "what's next".  Well, lay off.  I'll tell you what's next.  You think I'm laying around eating bonbons because I have nothing better to do now that they are in school 7 hours a day?  Well, why the hell not.  Because I haven't had a "break" in 6 years.  Vacation?  Nope, not for mom.  Just doing the same stuff in a different place.  Sure, you can take a week off work and do something "different" or "relaxing", but I can't.  So, yeah, maybe I'll have a bonbon or two while I'm doing the laundry, cleaning the house, clearing the clutter, working on baby books that have been neglected for 6 years, planning meals, shopping for groceries, and a miriad of other things.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll take a few moments here or there and decide what it is that *I WANT* to do.  But in the meantime, I'll just keep doing what I do.  I'm a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment