Friday, November 19, 2010

Shifting

Working on that attitude shift, but it has been a rough day.  I don't know what my deal is lately, but I seem to be in a funk.  Went off on my husband today for no real good reason (involved cussing and yelling and just being overall not-nice.  Hope he'll forgive me.).  Finally after a good cry (was it really good?  seemed kind of depressing) I decided to bag the cleaning for today and go to my happy space.  Yes, I said space.  Since the boys started school, I really felt the need to work on a space for ME in our home.  I put up a table, did some adjusting and made the guest room (who's purpose was to be my stepdaughter's room) into a space for me.  The bed is still here.  Other furniture still here.  But I've added some of me and my inspiration to the room (thankfully I used colors in this room that I already liked!).  So, now I have my fountain, a radio currently playing my iPod (Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata at the moment), some framed inspiration, some re-purposed frames with new pictures I love, a corkboard for bits and things that inspire me, and this which I framed by Mary Anne Radmacher:

"she dances
she sings
she takes, she gives
she serves
she loves and creates
she dissents, she enlivens
she sees
she grows
she sweats
she changes
she learns
she laughs
she sheds her skin
she bleeds on the pages of her days
she walks through walls
she lives
with intention"

I'm trying to take this all to heart.  Particularly the "intention" part.  It isn't easy.  I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment