Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bunco

So I joined a Bunco group last February.  It was only the 2nd month the group had met, but I still felt like I was coming in "late".  Anyway, next week, we'll have our December Bunco night.  I always look forward to Bunco.  I love playing games, I love the ease of this game, I love playing with ladies I only see once a month, and the flat out fun that we have is so great.  Here's the thing...  Over the year, the group has changed.  Several people have moved on.  The people that have replaced them are all from MOPS.  MOPS used to be a big part of my life, but in these last few months with my kids now in school, I've realized I don't dwell in the MOPS world anymore.  Having a baby?  Good for you -- let's play Bunco.  Breastfeeding is hard?  Bummer -- now let's play Bunco.  Harsh, right?  But I'm not denying my feelings about this.  Bunco is a choice I made.  Bunco is supposed to be fun.  Now I'm not looking forward to it.  I've signed up to host in January, which I'll probably go ahead and do, but I don't know after that.  All of the fun people that I only saw at Bunco, only knew at Bunco, are leaving the group.  Women of older ages and stages.  I enjoyed their company.  I liked hearing their stories.  The MOPS girls, well, I've been there.  It isn't quite so interesting to me anymore.  This small town has it's pluses and minuses -- in this case, if I were to start or join a new group, I have a feeling my current group wouldn't be too happy, and of course they would all know.  Hmmm...  Not sure what I'm going to do, but I will have to do something.  I want to look forward to Bunco again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment